Type: Full Time, Hourly
We are seeking an experienced full-time Journeyman Crane Operator. This position will be responsible for a high quality and timely support to meet the requirements of site customers. You will be responsible for the operation of equipment in safe and efficient manner, and have a working knowledge of Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act Regulations.
- Transport, setup, operate and demobilize mobile cranes.
- Follow road and crane regulations.
- Assist with the assembly/disassembly cranes.
- Calculate crane capacities and determine load weights.
- Operate cranes to lift, move positions and place equipment and materials.
- Perform routine maintenance.
- Operate crane and hoisting equipment to lift, move or position large objects at work sites
- High Mechanical aptitude and maintenance analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to complete routine tasks independently with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Represent Energy Crane Services; help resolve any customer concerns in a professional manner. Following all site rules and adhering to at all times.
- Physically able to operate and maneuver heavy and irregular loads such as Crane accessories and Mounting plates.
- Perform pre-operational inspections, safety checks, test lifts and load chart calculations
- Communicate with assigned crews to determine the best placement of crane for planned lifts
- May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Provincial or Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Mobile Crane ticket
- 3 – 5 years Crane Experience
- Class 1 Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Capable to work in remote locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- No fear of heights and physically fit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Work will be primarily outdoors in various weather conditions
- May be required to work on a rotating on call shift.
We are extremely proud of our team at Energy Crane Services. Our employees are engaged and committed to providing top notch external and internal customer service. We offer our employees a competitive compensation package, 100% employer paid benefits, the possibility of employee ownership, and a leadership team that supports you, and your goals.
Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
We will be scheduling interviews over the next two weeks. In order to ensure that your application is considered please submit your application on or before February 28, 2021.
Application deadline: 2021-02-28
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Crane Operator: 1 year (Preferred)