Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Type: Full Time, Permanent
We are looking for an engaged and committed Pre-Apprentice Mobile Crane Operator to join our Energy Crane team. This position will be evaluated throughout the probationary period for performance with the potential for Energy Crane to sponsor the chosen candidate as a Mobile Crane Operator Apprentice.
Our Energy Crane team members are extremely knowledgeable, professional, respected, and excel at the work they do to meet the needs of all our clients.
As a Pre-Apprentice Mobile Crane Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Providing general maintenance on equipment
- Operating equipment
- Maintaining the cleanliness of shop and yard areas.
- Assisting other team members with various tasks
- Stocking of shelves, loading inventory and receiving deliveries.
- Adhering to all safety standards and procedures
- Promoting a safe and positive work environment
- Identifying job hazards and mitigating all risks
- Performing other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in performing basic labourer tasks
- Ability to follow direction, and work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices/protocols
- Enhanced Interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Must be able to effectively communicate, including oral and written correspondence
- Experience working within the heavy haul, specialized rigging and/or crane industry
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to physically lift 50lbs
- Must be able to perform vigorous physical tasks throughout the day
- This position is a safety sensitive position, you will be required to obtain a negative test result on a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, and further testing may be required throughout your employment to meet various policy or client requirements
- Some of our clients have instituted mandatory proof of vaccination status to be permitted to go to various sites, therefore proof of vaccinations status or proof of a negative rapid onsite COVID test may be required
We offer our employees a positive working environment, quality equipment and tools that are maintained through a comprehensive maintenance program, competitive compensation package (including bonuses and 100% employer paid benefits), and a team that supports you, and your goals and development.
Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
Only those candidates who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
- Full Time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program